It’s not that unheard of for me to run to the store for milk and end up at the beauty isle.
There’s just something about drugstore makeup that gets to me.
When I was first getting into makeup the advice I was given was to stick to the expensive stuff.
“It’s worth the splurge and is MUCH higher quality.”
So I actually didn’t even give drugstore makeup a chance until a couple of years ago. (thanks to you guys!)
Since I opened that door I’ve been thrilled and surprised over and over again by the quality I have found at Wally World.
Every time I find something spectacular I feel like I’ve gotten a deal, I’m in on a secret or I’m working the system.
I feel like the kid that was like “Wait, the emperor isn’t wearing any clothes, right? I mean, the guy’s totally naked. Right?”
I’m calling BS on the idea that all of the expensive stuff is better, cause..it isn’t.
Sometimes the drugstore options rise quickly to the top of my favorite list, by passing many-a-high-priced counter parts.
Here are some of my latest favs:
1. Magic Nude Foundation: This has such an amazing texture! It goes on liquid and dries with a very velvety finish. It leaves a smooth coverage and looks very natural.
2. Sally’s Lip Inflation: This is a plumper but I use it as a primer for my lips. I put it on first thing when I get ready to do my makeup then when I’m ready for lipstick I blot off the excess and am left with plump, soft lips. When I run out I feel completely lost and chappy.
3. Ardell Trim & shapers: Yep. I shave my face. (not brows just my jawline and upper lip) I only do it probably 3 times a year but I love the way it makes my face feel soft and I love how my foundation looks without peach fuzz beneath it.
I’ve never been a huge waxer cause I’m not big into inflicting pain on myself for the most part (my feet would disagree with this after what I put them through last week)
Check out this video if you wanna know more.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisture: I LOVE this lotion. Nothing has ever worked so well and lasted so long on my dry legs. I used it yesterday and my skin still feels freshly moisturized. True story.
5. Flower Lip Loss in What A Dai-sy: Well, I pretty much adore this line. Really great quality and genius colors. I’m really into this pale pink lately.