Oh guess what? I am getting married on Saturday!!
6 days away…Which sounds like nothin’ but feels like an eternity to me right now.
Sure I want it to look cute and have pretty flowers and yummy food and all of that, but my main concern for the actual event prep?
Knocking Nick’s socks off cause he has NEVER seen me look so pretty, ever.
If you have something exciting coming up that you
want need to look SUPER SEXY for like a wedding, a prom, a photo-shoot, or a staged “random” run in with en ex-boyfriend you need to pull out the big guns.
I have a whole system created to fully prepare…because I am excited and I like to find ways make it feel even more spectacular.
It just so happens that I take about 6 days to do this…so here I go…
- Drink 1/2 Gallon of water. (no way your are gonna be puffy or dehydrated this week)
- If you plan to wax start growing your hair out now.
- Get some sun. (I know people will yell at me for this but I am not saying fry yourself, a nice healthy glow is a great addition to a bottle tan. Nothing crazy. The LAST thing you want is to be burned)
- Drink ANOTHER 1/2 Gallon of water.
- I exfoliate your WHOLE body really well. Face included.
- Apply self tanner (my favorite) on your whole body, in list someone to help you with your back (or spray tan if you have the monies for such a thing.)I think it’s good to do this a few times before the event so that you avoid streaks and can build it up a bit.
- Whiten your teeth today ( I sleep in Crest White Strips to whiten mine)
- Another 1/2 Gallon of pretty juice.
- I like to NOT wear makeup on this day. I just exfoliated and tanned and I like to let my skin breathe a bit.
- Whiten your teeth again if they need it.
Day 4: (a big day)
- If you plan to get a cut and color, today is the day to do it. If you don’t need an all over dye but still want to do your roots, I do my own (here’s how) I also fill my lash extensions on this day. This is the perfect day for this stuff because it gives your hair (and lashes) time before washing but is close enough to be super fresh.
- more water
- Another coat of tanner. If your using the good stuff you are not gonna look snookified just warm and radiant! I SWEAR!
- Water. Duh.
- Take some Unisom if you are worried you won’t be able to sleep tonight. You need 8 hours for sure. Beauty rest is no freakin’ joke.
- Buy something special. Whether it’s something exstravagant or really small like a new body wash it’s still something new you didn’t use yesterday, so it will feel more fun.
- If you are waxing your bod, today’ is the day.
- Tweeze or wax your brows. (brow tut)
- Mani & Pedi (Get some girls together and do them on each other if you are on a budget)
Day 6: ( YAY!)
- Take a LONG thorough shower. Shaving precisely (with a new razor and shaving cream, which I never usually use, so it’s a delicacy) exfoliating, leaving the conditioner in and steaming up real nice.
- Tanner again (if needed)
- Hair & Makeup: I cannot stress enough the importance a practice round scheduled sometime before the big day. No matter how talented the artist is you need to be on the same page and the wedding day is not the day to find out that you are not)
For those of you doing your own, you still want to practice, no trying anything you’ve never tried today. Also, I bought a new mascara I won’t be using until the day of and will be cleaning all my brushes so I will feel as fresh as a brand new baby.
Sound like a lot of work? Maybe, but it’s partly that work that makes you feel as beautiful as ever and I happen to think it’s fun. (Feel free to omit any steps that don’t apply to you or your event:)
Also, I already istagrammed these but for those of you who don’t follow me (what!? You don’t follow me!? ….username: maskcara <hinthint>) , how should I do my makeup on Saturday???? Here are a couple ideas but I am open to others. I SERIOUSLY CAN’T DECIDE! HELP!