AskCara DIY Hair Hair Products Makeup Makeup Products

My Top Hair and makeup tips for BEATING THE HEAT!

It’s getting pretty hot out there.
Like cursing-your-leather-seats, cutting-off-the-bottom-half-of-all-of-your-jeans hot.
It’s times like these that I need a secret weapon to keep to heat from zapping my fresh factor.
Without these I would be a wilted and makeup melted mess.

Secret Weapon #1:PSSSST!

I don’t know how I survived before this.
Between dry shampoo and deodorant I may never shower again!
Spray this into your roots to banish grease and add instant body.
I like this brand the best because it doesn’t leave my scalp feeling like an SOS pad or get cakey like some of the others.
Plus its cheap. (Find it at Wal-Mart)

Secret Weapon #2: SET YOUR MAKEUP WITH SOME POWDER!

If the heat has a tendency of melting the makeup right off your face you’ll need a translucent face powder. It soaks up extra oils and sets your makeup in place.
With a big fluffy brush apply a very sheer coat to your face as the last step of your makeup.
You can buy one, use the one you already have or make it with stuff from your house like this:

Have a Fresh-to-death day!
Love,
Cara

You Might Also Like

17 Comments

Jessica jones
    July 13, 2012 at 2:10 am

I have a huge problem!!! My mascara tends to always run Ive tried waterproof but it does the same exact thing! Is there something I can do to stop it? Please help!:)

butterloo
      July 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I switched to the tube style mascara for this exact reason. L’oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes to be precise – although there are a few brands available. It never, ever, ever runs or smudges (once it’s dry, when it’s wet you have to be careful). I used to look like a full-time racoon.

natalie
    July 13, 2012 at 4:22 am

I was wondering if you had any tips on doing makeup for people with really long/prominent chins? Is there a way to disguise?

Love your blog.

Thanks,
    Natalie

Rebecca Stewart
      July 13, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I had the same problem. Try the translucent powder! I dust my lashes and under my eyes before I put on mascara on. It makes a huge difference! I don’t have to use waterproof anymore!

Ali Muzzalupo
    July 13, 2012 at 5:31 am

I used the cornstarch today (it was 108 in Northern California) and it was perfect! I can’t believe I used to spend $20 on Mineral Veil. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! btw this blog came along at the perfect time in my life. I am almost 7 mos pregnant and really needed a beauty boost:)

Nicole Lopez
    July 13, 2012 at 9:48 am

Pssst is also my favorite – and for the same reasons! I’ve tried expensive kinds thinking they would be better – wrong! This is the best

Jessica jones
    July 13, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Thank you Rebecca!!

Ella
    July 14, 2012 at 4:02 am

Have you tried the umberto giannini dry shampoo? It’s $8.99 which is pretty cheap and sells at target. I find it pretty good but I was wondering if pssssst is better and cheaper? Thanks.

MeyLiana
    September 2, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I didn’t wear make-up until I was around 14-15 but steppod wearing it around 19. I only started wearing it again because I wanted to look more professional at work, but that was when I was about 23/24.I wore it because of peer pressure and because my mother never taught me how to wear it (I wore it when I moved in with my dad) I never LEARNT how to wear it properly!I think it’s really important to be taught how to wear it to enhance your natural beauty. And one of the best tips I received was to pick either my eyes or my lips and draw attention to one of them, not both!Now-a-days I only wear it when I go to work because (and I have tested this) my husband can’t tell the difference anyway (apparently I look lovely all the time! lol)Good Luck!

Elizabeth
    April 21, 2014 at 8:23 am

Cara,
    First off I think you’re amazing!! I just discovered your blog a few months ago and I’m in love with it! You’re so real and down to earth. I’ve never been that interested in makeup til now…and i love it! Question for ya, the link to the homemade setting powder doesn’t lead to anywhere. So how do you make it? And second question, in another post of yours you talked about using coconut oil for shaving? I’m very interested because I too have super sensitive skin and my legs are almost always itchy. So do you just put the coconut oil directly on your legs and just shave it off??
    Elizabeth

sidd yadav
    February 28, 2018 at 5:21 pm

World series of poker chips free it is very highlight game free world series of poker chips for the very simple game.

Clipboard
    August 30, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Let me tell you how to copy the text documents. Clipboard is the way which is used to copy your data for temporary purpose.

September 26, 2018 at 10:33 pm

Hello guys if you are facing any type of sound issue in your OS then try my link to fix this annoying issue for free online.

fnaf world
    September 6, 2019 at 1:27 am

Thanks for your helpful tips on hair and makeup. I have gained my own experience.

파라오 카지노
    April 12, 2021 at 10:46 pm

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire
    out a developer to create your theme? Fantastic work!

Everett
    April 13, 2021 at 12:16 am

Chiropractors are given particular coaching resembling handbook adjustment strategies
    that they’ll implement into their remnedy to help adjust patients’ spines and get
    rid off any misalignments which can be causing health problems.
    You possibly can go to web sites like University Compare to
    search out out extra about the right way to develop into a chiropractor, as they provide aan in-depth guidee into the function of a
    chiropractor, they usually can axsist you find the
    very best university to chueck at. There are such a lot of instruments accessible to help corporations modify
    their hiring processes to recruit remote employees.
    You’re also capable of lower the number of call-ins (workers who’re more likely to
    call in attributable to sickness or inclement weather circumstances) with a remote workforce.

We have a workforce of incredible sample-cutters in London, a design guide in Newcastle and a
    non-government director who specialies in provide and sourcing in Glasgow.
    Regardless of the case could be, these 20 tips apply universally to anyone approaching you to pre-screen you for
    a search assignment that they’ve received from
    their purchasers. Opportunities come aand go, timing won’t be right for you now.

Besides the miniscule chance for a competitor to amass tht project,
    if the Client is about to replace/fireplace somebody, they may not need that worker to fjnd out about it from you or your mates
    or the associates of your mates or other professional connections.
    Similarly, for those whho desire a-plus talent with
    out breaking the bank, it’s possible you’ll find a capable full-time digital marketer in Indja ffor a fraction of thhe wage you’d pay too an in-workplace
    worker. Most employers need to hire somebody with experience,
    and whereas you might have that out of your current job, it’s arduous too ssay how much
    of that will likely be transferrable. Here is a look at what
    areas experts predict will be the quickest-growing jobs of the subsequent 10years.
    On condition that it’s used by over 25% of Americans, having a presence on this platform could
    work in your favor when making use of for jobs. Also, a number of the jobs could also be contractual so it’s
    strongly recommended that one ought to have a radical knowledge so as to avoid any fallacious notion. If you are captivated with
    making a difference, serving too patients who’ve been affected by illness, injury or incapacity is the key role of a physiotherapist.

Also keep font measurement to 10 or 12 pt as a rule. Third, quickly report again on contact with companies who interview
    you to keep the momentum going. Firstly an applicant should have successfully accomplished an application and handed the companies screening
    course of. Alternatively, the contingency search is much less formal and a bit narrow in scope; a recruiter might solely be concerned within the
    candidates’ presentation and never in other aspects of the
    hiring process. The govt search course of. The position of an executive
    search firm. Organizations with an open vacancy contract a search firm to present them candidates whether or not
    they lack ime and/useful resource to prepare the search that is often time consuming in addition to labor intensive.

They understand recruiters problem in addjtion to priorities, so that they only look for polished candidates.
    Dunlerton andd new chairman Peter Williams on Wednesday dismissed a newspaper report of
    a rift between them over his tenure, sayibg they had
    been working properly collectively. If the
    recruiter finds outt that you’re under consideration by the corporate, the recruiter is
    more likely tto stop working with yoou to stop this from happening once more.

Without loans, external investments or grants, Yusuf has obtained Headhunter off the bottom with his
    family’s support and by forking ouut his savings tto buy fabrics, printers and pressers.
    That issues fall collectively in the places they’re presupposed to; that everything works out higher than you would have expected.

Rugby gear, Yusuf says, is typically pricier than other conventional jersey-based mostly sportswear,
    as it has to be resisstant to tearing and dropping form from all of the
    scraps – from tackles to shirt pulling – which can be the usual part of a rugby recreation. That is paramount; this is
    efficient, that is exactly the part of the conversation thaqt in the end convinces your interviewer to
    rent you / deliver you (with a voracious enthusiasm) to the next step in the hiring course
    of. After spending the better a pardt of
    two yeads experimenting with 25 prototypes, HHS developed
    a spread of proprietary microfiber blends with reinforced stitching thbat the model claims is
    simplly as tough because the mainstream brands, however is extra versatile, breathable and suits better.

“This being our first main contract and our first worldwide occasion, it was a big check for us and the proper alternative to seek market validation. Yusuf claims that rugby wear hasn’t seen much in the way of innovation both, with material commonly used assembly the necessity for robustness, but ends up being too thick for hotter climates, and overall “quite constricting”. Backed by the creativity of greater han 10 Bruneian designers underneath the i-Ready apprenticeship programme, HHS is determined too disrupt – and wedge its means – to thee forefront of the rugby market as Yusuf envisions Headhunter rising into a world sportswear brand. With all strategies, retained, delimited, and contingency, purchasers rely on search professionals to offer not just resumes, but also insightful, consultative information about the market basically. Be cautious to not rely too closely on this one avenue at the danger of ignoring other successful job search strategies, reminiscent of networking.

Khoquet.Com
    April 15, 2021 at 9:16 am

Your headhunter will even look on the long-term prospects
    of potential executives in your organization as well as keep your
    individual interests at coronary heart before selecting candidatyes that match the bill.
    In reality, you will discover that there tend to be more disadvantages than benbefits
    making the use of job headhunters out of favor. Since such
    tasks oftenties take many months of research, there may be greater than sufficient space for growing strong work-life stability.

That’s why, not like conventional recruiters, headhunters taie the time
    to grow to be consultants in your business’s business.
    There are a llot of things you are able to do on this trade that don’t require you to
    have important amounts of capital to get began,” English Dixon said. “Development is
    not one in every of them. Hines’ father, Gerald, based the firm and his daughter, Laura Hines-Pierce, works there as an govt.
    Washington, D.C.-based actual estate firm Madison Marquette, a significant developer of blended-use properties, has 22 folks
    on its govt group, two of whom are people of color: the heads
    of its authorized and IT departments, a company spokesperson said.
    When asked if the corporate has any diversity targets or metrics, a spokesperson despatched back a
    brief assertion. Blau, whose company owns greater
    than 55,000 affordable housing units nationwide, thousands extra luxurious apartments and is the co-developer
    on the $25B Hudson Yards megadevelopment, stated through the webinar that he
    believes inequality is one among the best dangers to the country’s future.

There yow will discover accounting profession entry degree jobs that may enable you.
    Though the yellow pages or any normal directory will sometimes
    listing nearly any third-occasion employment
    skilled who is within the business of matching individuals with
    potential career opportunities underneath “Employment Agency”, there are a number
    of variations on that theme and tthey are not all ’employment companies’ as
    the term is mostly defined. If you’re residing in Chicago then you will
    need to look for the advertising jobs current in this city.
    The company additionally has to look at how much the
    fees are in comparison to how many workers they will want per year.
    By late December Seki resigned from Nissan, and oon Jan 13 this 12 mohths he boarded the bullet prepare to Kyoto,
    to finally assume the position of Nidec’s presidet and COO.
    Each resume have tto be tailor-made to spotlight a candidate is most vital skills whereas fitting it right into a refined format
    that encompasses each a particular business and a special
    job position. Recruiters that do solely contingency work
    have a tendency to use less particular pointers in their searches and may
    match shoppers to candidates based mostly oon restricted riteria aand may
    not have the ability to fibd that excellent match, wasting money and time.

Reputagle headhunting corporations won’t poach employees from their clients, and usually, have something
    to this impactt written into client contracts. We have now a really
    fast, initial chemical / biological response to visible stimuli even earlier
    than we have noww a chance to logically think itt over.
    They are far more involved in the hiring process; they might even conduct interviews.
    They might even search other corporations for potential workers
    luringg them away for a better position. Instead provide
    to assist by introducing them to any potential fascinated candidate you may know.

Other than checking out your resume, a headhunter or recruiter may
    examine your social media accounts. Incorrect answers are: “I wish to cling out at the bars,” or “I don’t have any pursuits apart from watching tv.” Nobody desires to hire a bar hopper or someone who spends all
    of their spare time glued too the television. We’re covering a huge
    section aand want to current our purchasers with attention-grabbing candidates, in city.
    This has pushed up the need for professionals, and means advising
    on compliance is like “studying tea leaves”, one added.

Asking what sort of positions they fill or the forms of openings they have offers you an idea of whether
    or not it’s price your time to apply. Chedck on-line job sites to see what forms
    of accounting jobs are available in your area. Check the classifieds in the paper beneath accounting.

Keep in mind, Headhunters are paid by the employer, but you
    might be one in all the most important pieces to their puzzle of incokes a
    fee examine from thir shopper. While there are many benefits that include teaming with a
    professional recruiter, it is iimportant to note that
    final success depends solely on one factor:
    you. Even when this job alternative doesn’t come
    true, the headhunter is more probably to remember and consider you the following time something extra applicable comes alongside.
    The uninitiated may suppose that ann individual’s expertise and credentials are nothing more than a bunch of details and dates in chronological order.
    There are three good places to look for jobs that can get
    your accounting career off the bottom: the internet, newspaper,
    and by means of a headhunter.